These choices I've made result in heartache
It's not all my fault, the price that we pay
So I've made mistakes; it's costing us dear
But what about yours, my memory's clear
My son talks to me with strong disrespect
Adult or child, his right, I guess
But he's only twelve and I'm the adult
I want what I want, just keep his mouth shut
Yet so many nights, I drove his dad home
It's my turn right now, and I'm all alone
When he misbehaves, no one will object
A double standard I will not accept
I've been a good mom to him all along
Why does he treat me as if I am wrong
Three out of four sons, are living there lives
Can't I have my way, without negative vibes
My children, my friends and husband agree
It's ok for them but it's not for me
My shrink says 'ok' to have only four
I try to stop there but always want more
I know that it's hard on all of you now
It's my turn to play, you all can bow out
But when I am ready to snap out of it
Will you forgive me for being a brat
We've been on our knees before God and man
In prayer we agreed to hear His great plan
I know that He's spoken to each one of us
Time for submission to love and His trust

No comments:
Post a Comment